Sunday, October 20, 2013

My Heart

On the rooftop of the Hotel
Tibet in Katmandu I join my family
for Sunday Night dinner in Berkeley, California on video skype.  To me, who would,in1972 , wait days at the post office in a sleepy costal California  town for a letter from the hippie queen who was to become the mother of my children, grandmother of my grand children, this is a miracle.  To my Grandson Kingsie,
2 1/2, well, it's just life.  He feeds me a piece of chicken and apiece of love through the screen.  It is all the nourishment I desire for my Journey to the Monastery at Chhairo. 
I tell my family they are the food of my soul.  The joy in my heart.  I don't know if they saw my tears.
 I don't know if they heard my prayer before we dis connected...

Let me be
More,than the sum 
of all my parts
Before I die.

You, my family ,
make me so.


1 comment: